Our Customer Promise
- To inspect your equipment, normally within 3 working days.
- To provide an estimate before proceeding with your repair.
- To complete your repair within 3 working days of receiving spares/parts.
- To guarantee all repairs for three months from the date of the completed repair. We cannot guarantee other faults which may show similar symptoms.
Conditions of service
- A non-refundable inspection fee is required before work commences or an appointment for a home visit is made. This fee is deductible from the final invoice.
Current fees are £72.00 in-home, £45.00 in-workshop.
- The balance of the final invoice will be required when accepting an estimate, or upon collection from the workshop where parts were not required. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our work, we are unable to provide fixed price quotations. It may not be possible to diagnose all faulty parts until one or more has been replaced therefore an estimate could vary. In these circumstances, this will be explained prior to work commencing.
- Modern electronic equipment is complex and faults are not always easy to diagnose. We cannot guarantee that the failure of one component will not have damaged other parts, the symptoms of which will not become apparent until the first component has been replaced.
- Electronically stored data, such as user names, passwords, application settings, pictures, files and any other media may be lost as a result of a repair. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that any such media is backed up prior to the repair taking place. We cannot accept any liability whatsoever for data lost during a repair.
- Intermittent faults can cause delays. Thank you for your patience.
- We reserve the right to refuse a unit before and/or during a repair due to age, safety, previously attempted repairs, unavailability of spare parts, software or technical information or the possibility of an uneconomical conclusion.
- Equipment left uncollected 30 days after notification of completion or an estimate will be scrapped or sold to defray costs.
- Notice of the Right to Cancel
Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have a right to cancel this contract during a period of 14 calendar days from the day this notice is sent or given to you. During that period if you choose to cancel the contract any money paid by you will be refunded.
However if you have already given approval for the work to begin before the end of the cancellation period you will be required to pay for goods or services already provided.
If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (which may be by electronic mail to [email protected] or by post) this to the Directors named below. You may use the following format, but do not have to:
Customer Cancellation Notice
Name of customer
Address of customer
I/We hereby give notice that I/We wish to cancel my/our contract dated:
Customer signature ………………..
The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or in the case of an electronic communication from the day it is sent.
- Work commencing prior to the expiry of the cancellation period
If you wish for the work to start during the 14 day cancellation period you need to complete and send us notice in the following format:
I/We agree that The Repairguys may commence work on (insert date), before my cancellation period has expired.
I understand that if I/We decide to cancel within fourteen days, I may be asked to pay for any work that has been done prior to my cancellation.
Name of customer:
Address of customer:
- We always endeavour to provide the best parts and service to our customers and always test our work thoroughly before your item is put back into service. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
- To ensure that we are able to put things right as soon as we can please follow the procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Please inspect your item as soon as possible to ensure that our work meets our usual high standard.
- In the unlikely event that there is anything that you are dissatisfied with, please contact us as soon as possible in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
- Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted Trader we use the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the dispute to them, please contact them on 01174 566 031 or via their website:
In the first instance please contact us by telephone on 01392 409701, email us at [email protected] or write to the address below:
Appliance Care Limited T/A The Repairguys. Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 04508097. VAT registration No. 803679615
Registered Office: 4 Grace Road South, Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8QE. Directors SR & GM Pearson
Payments can be made with most major credit / debit cards, in cash, by BACS to The Repairguys, Barclays Bank, 20-04-59, A/C 80283908 or by PayPal to [email protected]